• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Integrated Calendar and Contacts

bwagnerd

Lurker
Dec 7, 2014
I need an app that will allow me to create an appointment/event that will pull data from the Contacts list (Name, address, phone number) and then populate the calendar event. I originally thought this process should originate from the Calendar app. However, now I think it might be easier to add the event creation from the Contacts list.

I have looked for something like this for years! I've checked the Play Store, Galaxy Apps, and Sprint Apps and haven't found a program that will do this. If I knew how to develop an Android app, I would try creating it myself...

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Believe it or not, I did a search before I created my post. After I posted this, two similar threads appeared on my page. One of them talked about Pimlical, which seems to be an extensive calendar app. After watching the video on their website, I need to check it out a little more to see if it will work for me. In the mean time, I found some other apps that might help... :)

Upvote 0
If you have an original S5, the S Planner is already in your phone. Just check the app drawer.
I checked with Samsung support and they said the S Planner is the same as the Calendar app (mine says Calendar). However, they said it would not do what I wanted. His suggestion was to use Participants. But, most of my dr's don't have emails and besides, that's not what I wanted. I do know that cell phone providers have different versions of the same phone (to give their customers something unique). I have Sprint, and it does not do what I am looking for. Thank you for your help!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones