• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Intercept Data Issues... Dropping Data Connection..

cjldad

Jun 3, 2010
Got an intercept for my GF.. She's moving up from a Rant.. Anyhow, all looked good, played around with it, and everything worked good for her.. After a day or so, the phone would start dropping the data connection... I would get an EV with a small D in the task bar.. Samsung manual says this means no data connection.. Trying to go to the Market or Youtube gives errors stating there is no data connection.. The fix is to restart the phone or put it in airplane mode and take it back out.. If I do the airplane mode trick, the data comes back untill it attempts to receive a voicemail..

I.e. once the airplane mode trick is done I can call the intercept, reject the call and leave a voicemail.. The voicemail will not be downloaded because the data connection will not come back again...

I've done factory resets.. Manual updates and all sorts of stuff with Sprint tech support.. I even had the phone replaced and the replacement is doing the same thing... The replacement had nothing more than some contacts in it.. No other applications had been installed..

Called Sansung tech support and they tell me to do a factory reset, which I explained had already been done.. Then they say to send it in under warranty.. I explained two phones had the exact same problem.. Which they told me, don't know then...

So... I'm stuck.. I don't want to get her a Moment because of the random airplane mode issues it has.. My only other options are much more money, both monthly and upfront (EVO or Epic)...

Anyone else having this problem???

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones