• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interesting Battery Issue

zetroc

Android Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2010
So I downloaded the BIC(R) Concert Lighter Application off the market.

I noticed yesterday that my phone was having exceptional battery life. After nine and a half hours the phone was still at 44%. While this may be normal for some, it definitely isn't for me. This made me wonder, and so I went into the settings to see what the battery consumption per application had been.

The phone indicated that it had been 9 hours and 29 minutes since the last charge, at 44% left of battery and the usage details were as follow:

BIC(R) Concert Lighert 96%
Cell stanby 2%
Phone Idle 2%

Clearly this is an app that is doing something it's not supposed to to my phone...

I just checked again and after 2 hours and 50 minutes since unplugged, it has 88% battery and the details read:

BIC(R) Concert Lighter 96%
Cell standby 2%
Phone idle 2%

So this app is doing something it's probably not supposed to be doing, but it seems to be extending my battery life like whoa.... Should I remove it?

I'm going to leave it for an extra day to monitor the behavior of my battery, but I thought this would be interesting to share.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones