General Interesting Battery Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zetroc, Jun 14, 2010.

1. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Male
    Association Management
    Iowa City, IA
    So I downloaded the BIC(R) Concert Lighter Application off the market.

I noticed yesterday that my phone was having exceptional battery life. After nine and a half hours the phone was still at 44%. While this may be normal for some, it definitely isn't for me. This made me wonder, and so I went into the settings to see what the battery consumption per application had been.

The phone indicated that it had been 9 hours and 29 minutes since the last charge, at 44% left of battery and the usage details were as follow:

BIC(R) Concert Lighert 96%
    Cell stanby 2%
    Phone Idle 2%

Clearly this is an app that is doing something it's not supposed to to my phone...

I just checked again and after 2 hours and 50 minutes since unplugged, it has 88% battery and the details read:

BIC(R) Concert Lighter 96%
    Cell standby 2%
    Phone idle 2%

So this app is doing something it's probably not supposed to be doing, but it seems to be extending my battery life like whoa.... Should I remove it?

I'm going to leave it for an extra day to monitor the behavior of my battery, but I thought this would be interesting to share.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Accountant and semi-pro poker player
    Upstate NY
    Yeah I noticed that, too, but I uninstalled it to be safe.

3. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow!
    VIP Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Male
    Yewwtah!
    If its actually extending your battery life...... sounds like a WIN to me :D

But not likely. I have this app installed for about 4-5 days now and never noticed SO I just fired it up flicked the BIC and then closed. Already show 4% battery usage....weird!

4. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Male
    US Navy Vet, very retired!
    Washington State
    Thanks for the heads up I'll have to keep a eye on this. I grabbed it just for the heck of it to what it would be like in a dark room.