• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

internal flash storage and internal storage - difference?

350X

Android Expert
Jan 3, 2012
NWOhio
www1.virginmobileusa.com
internal flash storage and internal storage - difference?

ok im a newbie, don't laugh.

what does this mean???

for flash storage I got over 5 gig free, and a total of almost 6 gig.

then 99gb free of internal.

spec for my tablet are to be as such.
"9.Hard Disk: 4GB Nand Flash( optional 8GB,16GB Flash)"

usually the number is split right, if you have 4gb, 2 for os, 2 for apps.

if im close to 7 total, maybe its an 8gb with all the stuff thats on it already,

Whats that 3/4 gb for os 3/2 gb for apps, 2 for downloads?

tabstor.jpg

I'd recommend trying Elixir 2,free in the Market, and choosing Information from the main page. Long press on Internal storage to choose more details. Note the arrows at the top of your pop-up window.

/system is what the name implies, everything pre-installed. /data is where your downloads for free or purchased apps go. Note that a portion of your internal memory may show up under /mnt/sdcard even though that memory is not on an actual sd card.

The various options there will give you a better idea of your memory layout.

Your device will have internal storage divided into a number of partitions, some of which won't be visible.

It's not you, makers do a crappy job of making something as simple as what memory you have, and where, hard to follow and understand.

Reactions: 350X
Upvote 0
Still waiting to hear from Frank at FLsuperstore.com

I know he pre tested and modded it for me, im all cool with that, I just found like a mile long list of mini movies [for the game dragon slayer, member it in the arcade, cost 50cents to make one move then die] was trying to see how much room I should have or not.

And maybe get to play that game if he was using a emulator to test games on it and its still here ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones