• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internal SD card?

mali328

Nov 18, 2011
What is the difference between the internal sd card and internal phone storage? I have 12.28GB available space on the internal card and only 1.31GB on the phone storage, so I wanted to start saving or move some things to the card. Can I do this? How? Any other ways to free up some space in the phone storage?
Thanks!

Think about the phone storage as your computer hard drive. The SD storage is like an external drive that you can increase storage for if you buy a larger card than the 2 GB that comes with the phone.

You can move some apps to the card if you want to save phone storage space. There are some free apps in the market that will move apps between phone and SD card.

Upvote 0
Ok, so it's basically an extension of my external sd card? I have a 4GB external card in there, so when it's full, pictures and whatever else I have set to save to it, will automatically go on the internal card?

The card is an extension of the phone. :) I believe the other part about saving is accurate. You might get an error message from the phone saying it can't save those files. You'll then need to change your settings to allow for saving directly to the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones