• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Internal Space SD Card Hack

milk909

Apr 6, 2013
Hey L70 owners,

I just came across this thread on the F6 forums while looking for a ROM for my friend. I personally haven't tried it, and it seems to only work on JellyBean or they just have instructions for JellyBean. Not sure if this would work for us and I can't test it right now :(

http://androidforums.com/threads/sd-card-hack-to-increase-internal-memory.882907/

This is in no way my work nor am I taking credit im simply providing files to accomplish said hack due to them disappearing after AndroidForums migration.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICE ME NOR THE LISTED PPL BELOW TAKE ANY CREDIT FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE

All credit goes to Jvene and WarrantyVoider and any other DEVS I left out your work is appreciated.

IF INSTALLING FRESH ROM BOOT INTO ROM BEFORE DOING THIS HACK SO THAT DATA CAN SETUP ON YOUR INTERNAL MEMORY. THIS HAS TO BE DONE. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS WITHOUT BOOTING INTO ROM FIRST.

For the best results this should be done with a class 10 SD Card.
KitKat users standby until I locate the files for it. The Steps are exactly the same.

Jellybean.

1. Partition your sd using TWRP ( or any partition software/app ). Your first partition should be FAT 32 Primary which would be used as your " SD Card" , Your second partition will be your EXT 4 primary partition which will become your new " Internal memory ".

In TWRP this is done by entering Advanced >partition SD . The size you choose is the new internal so make sure its what you want and make it EXT 4. The Remainder will be your SD Card.

2. Back to the main menu and mount your sd ext partition.

3.Back to main menu go into settings and check the option that says format using rf/rm ( something along those lines...lol )

4. Back to main then Wipe> Advanced> Wipe SD Ext

5. Back to main go back into Settings and uncheck the format using rf/rm .

6. Now flash the datacopy.zip attached to this post

7. Now flash the datainstall.zip

8. REBOOT TO SYSTEM. GIVE IT TIME TO BOOT AND YOU SHOULD BE SET CHECK YOUR NEW STORAGE SIZE IN SETTINGS !!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones