• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet Browser stuck in landscape mode

Scillz

Lurker
Mar 12, 2012
Hi all.

My Galaxy S2 browser is stuck in landscape mode. No other apps or home screens are behaving like this. They move backwards and forwards from landscape to portrait no problem. When I peel back the "home screen" the browser quickly flicks to landscape no matter how the phone is held and stays in landscape. I am assuming I have locked the browser in landscape mode.

Anyone know how to unlock.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Welcome to the forum Steve and thanks for joining.

If you open the browser, press menu, more and then settings you will be able to untick landscape view only.

Thank you sooo much shotgun84! your answer worked immediately for me. I read several other fixes which didn't help or were too drastic, like a factory reset. Heck no! It's almost a year since you posted this solution and your expertise is still contributing in the Universe. I love you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones