• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet loss coming out of lock screen

KingDrax

Feb 26, 2012
When the phone comes out of lock screen (ring pull and draw in lock pattern) there's usually (but not always) no Internet icon (H, 3G or G), and when I'm at home using Signal Boost on the WiFi, it doesn't always log in to the WiFi immediately. Eventually, in either case, it does find the Internet connection, but it can take 5 mins or more on the mobile network, and 2-3 mins on the WiFi, to connect. Other times it connects instantly. I can be sitting in the same place and this still changes from one occasion to another.

I have the phone set to automatically connect to known networks; WiFi and Mobile Network are switched on all the time. My APN is set as Orange Internet (the normal one) and the APN type to 'default'. It was previously set to 'default,hplni' or something and this didn't help either. 'Enable always-on Mobile Data' is also switched on.

Is there another setting I can tweak? the orange helpline people suggested I try switching to, say, 'Orange' rather than 'Orange/T-Mobile' or vice versa.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi there - yes, I did find a solution; sorry, should have posted it.

I went Menu - Settings - Wireless and Networks - Mobile Networks - Access Point Names - OrangeInternet (or whatever your provider network is) - APN type. Mine was set to something like 'default.hptlj' or something like that (although I did not set that setting); I changed it so it was just 'default'. Sorted.

Edit, not relevant to the OP but: I have also stopped using Signal Boost. It can be useful sometimes but there is a delay when it goes in and out of signal, so you can lose your call. Not worth it; I live in a good signal area anyway!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones