• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help intro and help

tarheelone

Lurker
Sep 8, 2010
Hi All:
I just got the incredible (formerly had the Storm) and have had quite a few problems:mad:

I was not able to get yahoo mail via the manual set up and had to use the app - now I have to open yahoo each time to check emails, anyone have any suggestions? Also, some emails come with a bunch of symbols and letter before I can read the email.....

I also am having a big problem with the battery life (with minimal use) it's not lasting 8-9 hours....I did download the advance task killer at the advice of Verizon, but not sure it is helping.

Apprecaite anyone's help

Hi and welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up!

FYI, Yahoo using the stock app only works while you're connected to 3G not WiFi. Why? I have no idea, except that yahoo want you pay for Yahoo plus.

The Yahoo app is great and I highly recommend it, therefore.

Regarding the battery issues. Yeah. That's a recurring theme. Folks are getting another battery or an extended battery. App killers? NO! They are sucktastic.

I'll move your intro and support request to the Incredible Support section. Lots of crazy kids there! ;) (I go there)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones