• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Invalid Card" when trying to pay my bill online?!

Hi All!

I have been using the online bill payment since I started as a Metro PCS customer in 2010. I have never had an issue paying with my card online but now, all of a sudden, for the past two consecutive months my card has been deemed "invalid" each time I enter it into the website. I have tried paying through the MyMetro app on my phone, through a desktop computer, through the website on my phone and on a tablet and they all say the same thing. I even tried to call customer service to pay over the phone and was surprised to see that they declined the card as well.

I just used my card to pay my internet bill and bought groceries, so I know that my card is valid. Each time I type in all of the numbers I triple check to ensure that they are correct (and if they were not correct the site would tell me "invalid card number" rather than "invalid card").

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem? I am wondering if it is a greater scheme to try and force people to pay in stores and incur the $3.00 fee. I am very frustrated and have not been able to get any help from Metro PCS even when I Facebook messaged them.

Sorry about the long post!

Hi All!

I have been using the online bill payment since I started as a Metro PCS customer in 2010. I have never had an issue paying with my card online but now, all of a sudden, for the past two consecutive months my card has been deemed "invalid" each time I enter it into the website. I have tried paying through the MyMetro app on my phone, through a desktop computer, through the website on my phone and on a tablet and they all say the same thing. I even tried to call customer service to pay over the phone and was surprised to see that they declined the card as well.

I just used my card to pay my internet bill and bought groceries, so I know that my card is valid. Each time I type in all of the numbers I triple check to ensure that they are correct (and if they were not correct the site would tell me "invalid card number" rather than "invalid card").

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem? I am wondering if it is a greater scheme to try and force people to pay in stores and incur the $3.00 fee. I am very frustrated and have not been able to get any help from Metro PCS even when I Facebook messaged them.

Sorry about the long post!
Use autopay and quit the monthly hassle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones