• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iP4 to G2 - anyone do it? regrets?

i've been through my fair share amount of phones in the past 2 years i've had 3 iphones and absolutely loved them until i got to play with a g2 about a month ago and i honestly think android really stepped it up big thumbs up im LOVING my g2

Another cool feature of the G2's keyboard are the nifty little buttons just to the right and left of the space bar, check 'em out. :)

The shortcut keys are neat, too.

Upvote 0
Ok - so it's been a while for some owners with the G2... how is the hinge holding for you G2 owners? loose? floppy? still tight? Be honest...

if the G2 was a straight up slider I'd probably have one right now... that Z hinge is really what has held me back (and to a lesser extent, no front facing cam... but that's not a deal breaker...)

Upvote 0
I've had my G2 since a week before release. Maybe I'm lucky, but my z-hinge is doing just great. It snaps into place as you would expect, and it doesn't feel loose at all. I like it way better than clumsy sliding phones like the droid 2. And yes, its just like the day I got it.

Maybe I'm in the minority, or maybe all these hollering about loose hinges are the vocal minority. Either way, consider me a convert. I'm never going back to sliders.

Upvote 0
The G2 is my frst smart phone, and I have had it for over a month now, the hinges are good, and the phone it self is great, I have played around with my friends IP4 and liked it just fine, but I like my G2 better.
I mainly use it for e-mail, calls adn text. not tried the music on it, but like that it uploads photos to photobucket, so my wife can brows them while i travle, it makes her feel more invloved, on that note, I do wish for FFC so we could skype, but that is really a minor thing for us.
I will be travling form Germany tommrow adn be useing it for a media player for th first time, so we shall see how it holds up to 10 hours of flying.

Upvote 0
I know apple has a better professional look and features vs android... Thats why most Professionals got the iPhone... You dont see professionals with Android lol... Android is a joke compared to apple

Hmm Weird , I do know a few "professionals" who have iPhone but most have Blackberries and I'd say more have Android then iphone or about the same. I personally use Android and have switch my whole company to Android granted it's a smaller company but I switched my massive staff of 6 to Android from RIM about 8months ago and haven't regreted it in the least"

The majority of high end clients I deal with have Blackberry while most the reps and other bottom of the pyramid people have iPhone

And I am not trashing the iPhone I honestly think the IP4 is a very good device but it's not for me and it couldn't keep up with my heavy duty use either . If the iPhone were to have come out by Christmas for Verizon I'd be buying 2 of them as gifts for my Parents (got them both ipod touches last year and they have enjoyed them and are comfortable with the dumbed down simple format ) but since it's not I'm getting them Android devices. I however will never go back to iPhone

Upvote 0
Apple iPhone has a better organized operating system Android is not orginzed to be a MP3 player, it just does not.

I like Andriod for the open source, thats good. But the operation system is when compared to the iPhone there is no competition there just is not.

Bottom line there is not point in having a good phone with all the features when you dont have the network to support it.

Android is on T-Mobile there 3G/HSPA network is straight TRASH, they didnt even have the decency to built a new 3G/HSPA network, like i said before the 3G network was just modified for HSPA.

As far as you guys saying about the price of the rate plans. You pay for what you get.

You pay T-Mobile cheap, you get cheap service. You pay Att expensive you get great service.

I know apple has a better professional look and features vs android... Thats why most Professionals got the iPhone... You dont see professionals with Android lol... Android is a joke compared to apple
I like your logic. Everything you've posted has been pretty solid. =/

Upvote 0
You guys do realize that you are arguing whether the G2 is better than the iPhone 4 in the ANDROIDforums. Opinions are going to be biased whether you like it or not. Just saying.

As far as why the G2 is far superior to the iPhone, customization.
You purchased a phone so you can do whatever you desire to it, have the options to change settings and twerk it so that it fits YOUR needs. I sell phones part-time and let me tell you this is my dealbreaker between curing iphone zombies over to the android side.

Only problem with my G2 as of now is the battery life. Holy shit it is horrible.

Cheerio mates!

Upvote 0
You guys do realize that you are arguing whether the G2 is better than the iPhone 4 in the ANDROIDforums. Opinions are going to be biased whether you like it or not. Just saying.

As far as why the G2 is far superior to the iPhone, customization.
You purchased a phone so you can do whatever you desire to it, have the options to change settings and twerk it so that it fits YOUR needs. I sell phones part-time and let me tell you this is my dealbreaker between curing iphone zombies over to the android side.

Only problem with my G2 as of now is the battery life. Holy shit it is horrible.

Cheerio mates!

I can go almost 1.5 days on a single charge... depends on how you are using it. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones