• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone 6S plus to Note 7

jeffrj4au

Sep 2, 2012
I'm a long time iPhone user but I'm finally ready to make the switch. I like the idea of being able to customize my phone plus the features of the Note 7 are very appealing, especially being water proof and being about to create my own gif's with SPen.

What are the big challenges of making this switch? I'd love to hear from former iPhone users to get their input.

I just want some feedback from former iPhone users. Do you have an regrets leaving Apple? My issue is the stubbornness of Apple. water proof and tougher screens should be a standard for all phones. My daughter spilled coffee on her iPhone and the liquid went into the ear pierce and we immediately cleaned off the liquid but the damage was done. I'm just ready to be able to customize and use my phone the way I want to.

Upvote 0
I've never used Apple products, but all the former iPhone users I've ever talked with share the same sentiments: they were tired of the closed ecosystem, inability to customize, and high prices for modest innovations. I trust you will enjoy your experience with Android: it takes a little more thought and effort to make it work the way you want it to, but the result is a device that is uniquely yours and unlike anyone else's :)

EDIT: If you haven't seen it, here's a video that contrasts the Note 7 to the iPhone 6s Plus:

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-7-v-iphone-6s-plus-quick-706535/

Last edited:
Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
this is what I have heard are some issues...

1. transferring contacts to android... but I hear there is an app for that
2. tranfering music you purchased??
3. apps you purchased on apple.. will NOT transfer.. have to repurchase them for android
4. learn how to use a device.. the NON-apple way. it is hard... first week. back button
5. it takes time to get used to a different way of doing things. keep an open mind.. past 2 weeks.

Upvote 0
Contacts should not be a problem. I believe Google has a method of transferring contacts from iOS.
Music WILL be a problem, as I have no idea how to transfer DRM-protected music from iTunes to Google Play without purchasing it again. If you can, download the mp3s from iTunes to your PC and then upload them to your Google Play Music library.
iOS apps are not compatible with Android, so you will need to purchase or download them to your new device. Sorry!
There are PLENTY of tutorials on using Android, both here and all over the web. And if you get stuck and have a question, we're right here to help you.
Android does involve a little thinking and tinkering to get the device just the way you want it. It can be as basic or complex a customization as you're comfortable with. Just remember to ask questions before you do anything fancy, as it will save you a lot of time and heartache undoing things. Once you get used to it, I think you'll LOVE Android!

:)

Upvote 0
this is what I have heard are some issues...

1. transferring contacts to android... but I hear there is an app for that
2. tranfering music you purchased??
3. apps you purchased on apple.. will NOT transfer.. have to repurchase them for android
4. learn how to use a device.. the NON-apple way. it is hard... first week. back button
5. it takes time to get used to a different way of doing things. keep an open mind.. past 2 weeks.

I appreciate the response but I probably should have mentioned I know all of these basic things you mention. However, contacts are not an issue. I've already moved my contacts to my gmail account. As far as apps, I thought it was obvious to everyone that Apple apps won't work on Android, so nothing new to here. The music could be my only issue but I think I found a solution for that too.

Upvote 0
ok i switched from 6s 128 gigs to s7 32 gig (european version i have att in states). My experience
$3 to get idevices so i can see my ipad if i lose it. ill show you app link. you can buy an app that lets you listen to your itunes music. the little microusb to usb cable let me transfer contacts,wifi passwords, (apps from my samsung tablet) and stuff so thats easy! What'll be hard is just getting used to the interface. i got used to it in a week but sometimes youll remember! oh how do i do that and have to google that. The camera,google play stores,gallery are mostly the same and shouldnt be a problem! IF YOU HAVE GAMES like clash royale before switching go to transfer to device choose as old device and input code to the note7 and google play games to get your data! I had to do that! I would recommend it. I dont like the big size of the note7 but 6 gigs will be EXTREMELY FAST (i have 4 and its amazing and the 2 help with the 5.7 inch screen). I would definetely recommend the buy!

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
ok i switched from 6s 128 gigs to s7 32 gig (european version i have att in states). My experience
$3 to get idevices so i can see my ipad if i lose it. ill show you app link. you can buy an app that lets you listen to your itunes music. the little microusb to usb cable let me transfer contacts,wifi passwords, (apps from my samsung tablet) and stuff so thats easy! What'll be hard is just getting used to the interface. i got used to it in a week but sometimes youll remember! oh how do i do that and have to google that. The camera,google play stores,gallery are mostly the same and shouldnt be a problem! IF YOU HAVE GAMES like clash royale before switching go to transfer to device choose as old device and input code to the note7 and google play games to get your data! I had to do that! I would recommend it. I dont like the big size of the note7 but 6 gigs will be EXTREMELY FAST (i have 4 and its amazing and the 2 help with the 5.7 inch screen). I would definetely recommend the buy!
also about customizing. You can swipe to get apps you used or add apps so easily choose apps (cleanmaster has this feature). Fingerprint is 10 times better than my 6s!

Upvote 0
you would be surprised how many people..
get upset that they loose all their apps... and had to repurchase new ones.
they return the new android phone.. and say it sucks!
haha ummm not a problem for me! $10 giftcard i got all i need! amazon underground gives tons of paid apps for free with free inapp purchases (amazon underground), and since i have spotify music was not a problem!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones