• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is anyone else....

Rabid about keeping your X's screen clean? I can't stand to see smudges or anything else on mine, and even have a special lint-free rag I use along with some monitor cleaner that I spritz on it. I have a Zagg IS on it, so no fingerprints for the most part, but still get greasy smudges - mostly from playing with it while I'm eating. And I HATE that! I'm not usually OCD in any way, but I swear I'm developing it over my phone screen!

Is there a support group for clean screen freaks?

My first suggestion is enjoy the meal and leave your phone alone at mealtime.

Upvote 0
My first suggestion is enjoy the meal and leave your phone alone at mealtime.

I try really hard not to be appnoxious, especially when eating out with others, but when I'm at lunch by myself waiting for meal to be served, well, gotta do something to stay occupied! At least I'm not talking on the phone in my best outside voice, describing the results of my latest pap smear to a friend!

Upvote 0
Yeah, I am pretty rabid about cleaning my screen too. Good thing I have eyeglass cleaner and work and windex at home! They are lifesavers!! :)

However, after I clean, I don't want to touch the phone's screen cause it's so pretty when it's all clean and shiny. Yet, I MUST interact with it and touch! Oh, the agony!!! :p

-Elo

Don't use Windex. the stuff doesn't even work that great for glass. (streaking) and it's not designed for screens such as these.

Upvote 0
That's funny, I found rubbing the phone on my ass cheeks cleans it the best. Either that or slide it through the crack :D

y_so_srs.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones