• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is anyone stock here

Still running stock here mainly for two reasons

1. I only have a G4 based Mac and am not able to run the ODIN software.
2. That in mind, using a PC emulation solution such as Virtual PC, if the software were to crash, I would have a wonderful brick.

Overall I'm happy with the phone and I too love the camera but I hate the music player and it's inability to read tags and album art properly. :mad:

Upvote 0
Still running stock here mainly for two reasons

1. I only have a G4 based Mac and am not able to run the ODIN software.
2. That in mind, using a PC emulation solution such as Virtual PC, if the software were to crash, I would have a wonderful brick.

Overall I'm happy with the phone and I too love the camera but I hate the music player and it's inability to read tags and album art properly. :mad:

I use VirtualPC to ODIN my phone. No problems at all.

Upvote 0
Well, I am stock 1.5. I have been tempting to install BH_MAN's stock 1.6 (my understanding is that BH_MAN took Behold II's stock 1.6 and took out all the bloatware), but I really don't know how to do it. There are soooo many threads, with soooo many ROMs, and soooo many technical terms that I am soooo dizzy! :thinking: Not only do I want to get the latest firmware (even if it's only 1.6), I would love to have Google Maps with voice command also. I wish there is a simple step-by-step guide (for dummies) in laymen terms to just install BH_MAN's stock 1.6, with vibrate, of course. Much obliged.

Cool

Reactions: burn-n-daylight
Upvote 0
Well, I am stock 1.5. I have been tempting to install BH_MAN's stock 1.6 (my understanding is that BH_MAN took Behold II's stock 1.6 and took out all the bloatware), but I really don't know how to do it. There are soooo many threads, with soooo many ROMs, and soooo many technical terms that I am soooo dizzy! :thinking: Not only do I want to get the latest firmware (even if it's only 1.6), I would love to have Google Maps with voice command also. I wish there is a simple step-by-step guide (for dummies) in laymen terms to just install BH_MAN's stock 1.6, with vibrate, of course. Much obliged.

Cool

I am also 1.5 stock, with root and some apps removed. I want to install BH_Man's 1.6 R11, but am scared of bricking my phone. I agree with there being SOOOOO many threads. I have seen some that say do this, others that say, no, follow these instructions. Really confused. That's why I am HOPING something will happen with Samsung and they will realize what the HE** they are doing to their brand. :thinking:

Reactions: burn-n-daylight
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones