• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is anyone using a Launcher?

mogelijk

Android Expert
Jun 8, 2012
I'm thinking I want a more traditional Android home page, so I will likely use Apex launcher. I looked at Nova and Go Launcher HD and, at least for the moment, seem to prefer Apex on my Nook. I'm wondering if anyone else is using a launcher and, if so, which one and why?

I recently switched over to the N2A SD card on my Nook HD+ which uses the cyanogenmod version of Android 2.1.2 jellybean, and I highly recommend it if you want a traditional Android experience; however before I did that I removed the carousel from the home page, and installed live wallpaper, and it closely resembled the look of one of my other pure Android tablets. I could have lived with that if I had too. I've used apex and nova and like them both. I put apex on a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and like it 100% better than stock Amazon , ugh!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
i'm using ADW EX launcher. it's smooth and very customizable. i bought the paid version several years ago because i really enjoyed it. but the free one has some great features that get you used to it. i used it for a while before i rooted the nook and put CM 10.2 on it. it doesn't even require root to modify the stock rom. so you can still have the actual stock rom and have the android experience.

Upvote 0
I use Nova but I still use the stock launcher sometimes too. I also have an N2A sd card that I use to run full android on my Nook HD+. But I mainly need it for apps that don't work with the Nook stock OS or are blocked from installing by B&N. For example, I have a MLB.tv account so I'll use the MLB At Bat app to watch games using the N2A sd card. Plus I use the TV Portal app occasionally to watch movies that way too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones