• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is it just me or.......

joeb

Sep 23, 2009
do other people have these problems:

• Don't recive all the texts
  • get a message and it disapears before you read it
  • at times you cant type anything into boxes, E.G. when on facebook or writing a message you can't write anything in the box and have to switch the phone off and back on to do so
  • Andriod errors pop up after doing simple tasks (process.com/adroid.mms) - just one of them
  • When you loose signal it asks you to select what network your on.
As much as i love the phone there are just always the same problems that i have with it, and its the second phone i have had. Am begining to think that it may not be as good as first thought :S

Anyone got any idea;s on how i can sort the issues out at all?

I had the Losing network problem, constantly losing the connection then asking me to choose a network. when I selected Orange it would either 'registerered with network' or tell me 'the sim is not compatible with this network'. I phoned Orange and they sent me a text update for my sim, the usual read/delete/turn phone off and on instruction. appears to have fixed the issue. its not happened since.

Upvote 0
I had the Losing network problem, constantly losing the connection then asking me to choose a network. when I selected Orange it would either 'registerered with network' or tell me 'the sim is not compatible with this network'. I phoned Orange and they sent me a text update for my sim, the usual read/delete/turn phone off and on instruction. appears to have fixed the issue. its not happened since.

Yeah they sent me out a text update, to try and cure the problems worked for about 5 hours then started again.

Orange sims seem to be quite sensitive. Mine had to be replaced as it wouldn't bring any data when I first got the hero.
It was a new sim too.

They are not all created equal - or so it would seem.

Yeah mine is a new sim card on a brand new contract, when i rang to register it they said it was a PAYG number, so im kind of guessing that the sim card is not set up properly? should i ring them and ask them to send me a new one out?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones