• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is it possible to have full stock backup of unrooted android?

Bhaskar1109

Lurker
Jan 31, 2013
I am completely new to android world. recently bought a tablet and i am interested in rooting it. there is a good guide to root it on xda but i want to make a full backup of android stock rom in case something happens to the device(errors, power failure, gets bricked etc..) during rooting and then the manufacturer would return the device saying you have rooted and the warranty is void. so is it possible to have FULL stock rom UNROOTED backup image (using any tools like adb, cwm recovery etc). Also the device doesn't have any physical volume keys..only home and power!
Thanks.

Hello Bhaskar!
Judging from your other post, do you have the Micromax Funbook?
I would say that after rooting and if you needed to go back to stock to return the device for some reason, there should be a way to unroot and install the factory rom.
But I am not familiar with your device, sorry.
Does the rooting guide on XDA have the link for unroot/return to factory spec?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones