• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it possible to remove Motoblur Facebook contacts from contact list?

Go to Messaging (on app screen), select Options (4 square button), select Manage Accounts, select Facebook, Remove Account, Exit.

Download the Facebook app and use it, instead of adding your account to Messaging or the Motorola Messaging Widget. Once you download the Facebook app, you can use the native Facebook widget if you want via Android Widgets.

I hate having my facebook friends in contacts as well, and also multiple or linked contacts, so I also disabled sync contacts under all my accounts. I want the contacts stored in my phone only, no more no less.

Reactions: brooklyn205
Upvote 0
Go to Messaging (on app screen), select Options (4 square button), select Manage Accounts, select Facebook, Remove Account, Exit.

Download the Facebook app and use it, instead of adding your account to Messaging or the Motorola Messaging Widget. Once you download the Facebook app, you can use the native Facebook widget if you want via Android Widgets.

I hate having my facebook friends in contacts as well, and also multiple or linked contacts, so I also disabled sync contacts under all my accounts. I want the contacts stored in my phone only, no more no less.
Is this the only way? :/ Isn't there an option that says you don't want FB to snyc all of the contacts? :/

yeah i had this same annoying problem. unfortunately for me, when i removed the facebook account, i lost all of my contacts when i restarted my phone, without having them synced to google :[
Unless moto does it differently, your fb only sync your fb contacts so that it looks like it's added. Without logging into you fb, you can't see ur fb account.
Since Facebook contacts cannot be exported from the device, the appearance of integration created a false sense of data portability.
This article talks about it for the Nexus S.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones