Is it possible to update vibrant without using Kies?

Last Updated:

1. shaahinjjj

shaahinjjj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    I've been having trouble installing Kies on my PC. During the installation it goes up to 38% and then it stops. I tried installing it on 2 different PC's but got the same result so I was wondering if its possible to get the update without Kies.

Advertisement
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

I've heard using Kies Mini works well. I believe it was released specifically for updating the Vibrant. You can find it here:

How Do I Update The Software On My T-Mobile SGH-t959 (Vibrant) Phone To JI6 Through Kies Mini?

Or, you could do it via Odin, a program for flashing phones and other electronic devices. Go here for more information and links:

[REF]***Vibrant Directory(Bible)v2.0--A little color can't hurt--***(10/17/2010)*** - xda-developers

3. psz

psz Well-Known Member

I've had problems getting my machine to recognise the phone in Kies mode (for both Kies and KiesMini), so I just use ODIN like I did with the Behold II (Different version of ODIN, mind you!)

I find it extremely easy, and having flashed via ODIN at LEAST a dozen times with the B2, I can say that I've never had an issue with either phone using this method.

Just, ya know, RTFM and all that first.