• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is it possible to update vibrant without using Kies?

Hi all,
I've been having trouble installing Kies on my PC. During the installation it goes up to 38% and then it stops. I tried installing it on 2 different PC's but got the same result so I was wondering if its possible to get the update without Kies.

I've heard using Kies Mini works well. I believe it was released specifically for updating the Vibrant. You can find it here:

How Do I Update The Software On My T-Mobile SGH-t959 (Vibrant) Phone To JI6 Through Kies Mini?

Or, you could do it via Odin, a program for flashing phones and other electronic devices. Go here for more information and links:

[REF]***Vibrant Directory(Bible)v2.0--A little color can't hurt--***(10/17/2010)*** - xda-developers

Upvote 0
I've had problems getting my machine to recognise the phone in Kies mode (for both Kies and KiesMini), so I just use ODIN like I did with the Behold II (Different version of ODIN, mind you!)

I find it extremely easy, and having flashed via ODIN at LEAST a dozen times with the B2, I can say that I've never had an issue with either phone using this method.

Just, ya know, RTFM and all that first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones