• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is it possible

A 2.0.1 based ROM can still have 2.1 elements in it without being based on the new firmware. Settings--> About Phone--> Firmware version will tell it all.

The sooner you get onto a 2.1 ESE53 based ROM, the better, as that seems to be the direction that most developers are taking their work. I know Pete is advising everyone using an old Bugless Beast ROM to upgrade to his 2.1 work (even though I was happy with the 2.1 features on his older ROM) because that's where he'll be focusing his energies.

Did that make any sense at all? LOL

Upvote 0
A 2.0.1 based ROM can still have 2.1 elements in it without being based on the new firmware. Settings--> About Phone--> Firmware version will tell it all.

The sooner you get onto a 2.1 ESE53 based ROM, the better, as that seems to be the direction that most developers are taking their work. I know Pete is advising everyone using an old Bugless Beast ROM to upgrade to his 2.1 work (even though I was happy with the 2.1 features on his older ROM) because that's where he'll be focusing his energies.

Did that make any sense at all? LOL
I have a Droid and it came with 2.0.1 in the first place. My firmware version says 2.0.1. I have elements of the 2.1 though so I don't know what the hell I actually have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones