• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it really $10 extra a month for 4g?

Just thought I would throw my $.02 in here. I have a nice fat discount on sprint plans and called to see if the $10 was covered. Nope. This reminds me of my 1st gen iphone when att said I couldn't use my discount on the iphone plan at all, not even the minutes. I can't wait till they roll out 4G here in the denver area. I just hope (crosses fingers) that I get 4G at my house.

Upvote 0
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Can someone please post an Evo FAQ?

The first question should be: "Do I have to pay a $10 monthly fee if I get the Evo? How come?" Answer: "Yes. Because Sprint says so."

The second question should be: "What should I do if I don't want to pay the fee?" Answer: "Either buy a different phone or call Sprint customer service and try to get the fee waived. Good luck to you there. As far as we're concerned, you can do whatever the bleep you like as long as you don't create YET ANOTHER new thread in this forum whining about $10 fees."

Upvote 0
If you can't pay an extra $2.50/week for this phone, then maybe you should solve your financial situation first...

What a dense thing to say. Its not an issue of being able to afford $x/month. Its an issue of paying for a service that hasnt been officially explained - or assuming its 4g - a service you cant get. A fool and his money are easily parted... and mama didnt raise no fool. (at least mine didnt) . We should all at least question the fee

Im really thinking about reactivating my old phone (or picking up a used TP2) and keep my EVO as the most badass mp3 player ever. I can wifi tether with windows mobile. I wonder how they would bill me if I switch back and forth weekly ;)

To you people crying about these types of threads... why do you even bother coming into them? It is a valid topic and you have nothing worth adding... dont bother wasting (y)our time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones