• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is My Note2 a legit Note2

As the title states, i'm trying to figure out if my galaxy note is legit, or one of those beautiful clones lol.

bought it [well traded] on craigslist [red flag?]. one thing that caught me off guard is that i dont get access to change the lockscreen wallpaper. when i go to settings i have to go to display > wallpaper and no option is given to change the lockcreen. [the homescreen changes no problem but the lockscreen stays the same].

i use the play store and also airdroid. when connected, it comes up as a "Samsung GT-N7100."

so basically i'm asking, is this actually a galaxy note? and if so, any idea on why i can't change my lockscreen?

i know it'd be soo much easier if i could upload pictures but with me being a noob, it won't let me

bam. that's exactly what i needed! thanks man. unfortunately it's a fake, but forr what it still, it's still a pretty damn good phone [pretty much given to me so i aint even man lol].

got a case for it, before i knew that it wasn't a real note, and it fit. that's all i ask for lol

Can it be flashed with custom roms? Sorry for the question but I am really curious.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones