• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is my volume button normal?

Hey guys I'm totally new to smart phones in general, as my name would imply, and went with the Optimus V as my first choice.

Anyway to get to the issue, my volume buttons on the right side, the up volume is perfect and fairly easy to press. But the down volume on the other hand is a bit hard to press (although I CAN press it if I push on it hard/directly enough). Now, I found if I take off the battery cover it's just as easily pressed as the up volume.

So the problem lies with the height of the back cover compared to the height of the down volume button I guess? But the down volume button does get quite a bit skinnier. So am I just nitpicking here, should I take it to trade in since I just bought it, or would they all be this way? Thanks in advance for any help!

DCBlueStar sorry for the late reply on my part! That seems to have been an issue I've read about. You should take your phone to get it replaced. I didn't even wait to return my phone with the minor annoyance and the 'bro' at Radio Shack tried to convince me I should "keep it for 3 or 4 more days and see if it fixes itself" and I told him it was like that when I got it, I don't really think its going to just pop out into place. So I called Virgin Mobile in the store and the guy's attitude changed IMMEDIATELY. When I looked up from dialing he already had a box in his hands hahahahaha but long story short I got it replaced and the button was completely better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones