• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the 2.1 update really worth doing

Well I've lived with 2.1 for nearly 2 weeks now and I've just about had enough of it, my phone reception is a joke, battery life is laughable and every text I try to send gets converted to a MMS, how do I go back to 1.5?

How to downgrade to 1.5

1. Dowload THIS. (2.73, a.k.a. 1.5)
2. Turn off your phone.
3. Install HTC Sync on your computer.
4. (optional) Restart your computer.
5. Hold down the VOLUME DOWN key, and then press/hold the POWER button (while holding VOLUME DOWN!) to boot into HBOOT/FASTBOOT mode.
6. Your Hero will first try to boot through HBOOT and fail, that's ok.
7. Press the BACK key on your Hero to switch it to FASTBOOT mode.
8. Connect your Hero to your computer. The message on your phone should switch to FASTBOOT USB and some drivers should get installed on your computer.
9. Now, when it all finishes, run the file from step #1 and follow the instructions.

If everything is OK, it should downgrade your Hero's Android version back to 1.5.

Sorry for the lengthy post, this is the fastest and (I presume) safest way to do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones