• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Evo really that bad ?????

What do you think of YOUR Evo

• Amazing phone

Votes: 399 95.0%
  • Sucks

Votes: 21 5.0%

• Total voters
Not sure why people complain about this phone as it is THE MOST rock solid phone I have ever had! This is the third fourth phone I have had since I started using cell service back in the mid-90s. The bluetooth is very good even with a generic headset, the speaker is just amazing, it is FAST, FAST, FAST, hardly ever drops calls....

You can manage just about anything on it so those who are concerned about battery life, turn off GPS when you are not using it, turn off bluetooth if you are not using it, plug it in the car from the moment you get in until you get out... Make sure you charge your phone every night! Make it a habit to plug it in the moment you walk in the door in fact. I have found by doing all of this I get a decent battery life as well as just being broken-in I think.

Last thing, I only have one gripe: What MENSA at HTC thought it was a good idea to only sort contacts by a person's name when mostly business people will use a phone and call up contacts by business name? I almost hate the contact manager and am shocked that I cannot find a decent one in the Android Market. Yes, like I said, I LOVE my phone but just have that one gripe.

Upvote 0
I sold my iPhone 4 on Ebay and paid ATT the ETF. I am very happy with my Evo and with Sprint's network and lower rates!

Whaa??? Apple as a company irks me as much as the next person but I have to admit that the Iphone 4g is a solid device, despite antenna gate... I don't think that I would have paid the ETF, nor can I confidently say that the EVO is better than the Iphone 4g. Now is "Sprint better than AT&T?", that's an easy one to answer...

Upvote 0
Last thing, I only have one gripe: What MENSA at HTC thought it was a good idea to only sort contacts by a person's name when mostly business people will use a phone and call up contacts by business name? I almost hate the contact manager and am shocked that I cannot find a decent one in the Android Market. Yes, like I said, I LOVE my phone but just have that one gripe.
That's why you can make groups within your contacts :)

Upvote 0
It's incredibly easy for people to make claims that a phone is great until you yourself have experienced multiple problems with your phone. While the EVO is a good phone it certainly isn't a "great phone" like a lot of people here are professing. This is due in part to HTC's horrendous quality control. And because of that I've gone through FOUR different EVOs since launch day. I've had screen separation, light leakage and recessed power buttons on my previous THREE EVOs. Luckily for me, my fourth device isn't as bad as the first crop of duds.

For shame, HTC.

Reactions: vodo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones