Is the Miracast option available on the 4.2 Nexus 7 update?General

Last Updated: 2012-11-14 22:27:25
  1. worknman

worknman Well-Known Member

As I understand it, the Miracast option isn't good for much until devices start hitting the market, but was wondering if the option is available on the Nexus 7 with the 4.2 update, or is that just a Nexus 4/10 thing?

Since the Nexus 7 doesn't have any video out capabilities, this would be nice to have :)

Advertisement
  2. worknman

worknman Well-Known Member

n/m, a friend of mine just upgraded, and confirmed that it isn't there. So I guess Google is skinning their own devices now ...
  3. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Does he have an adapter? It's not gonna work if you don't connect it to the miracast adapter that's hooked to the tv..
  4. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Google has confirmed a couple times now that Miracast is only available on the Nexus 4, but will be enabled on future updates for the Nexus 10.

Since Tegra 3 supports Miracast, I'd say that probably means the N7 will get it as well.
  5. carracerz14

It's just a matter of time before the devs find a way to enable it.
  6. Lasermn

Lasermn Member

Miracast is included in 4.2 on the Nexus 7. Just got my update this AM and confirmed this.
  7. carracerz14

You're the first one to confirm it after multiple reports of it not being included. Maybe some pics to confirm?
  8. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Very interesting. Thanks for the report!
  9. sparksd

sparksd Well-Known Member

Where/how do you access it? I can't find it on mine.

Dave
  10. Lasermn

Lasermn Member

Well, I may have been a little quick on the Miracast availability for Nexus 7. I was reading that the 4.2 platform will have Miracast. I cannot confirm that it is available on the Nexus 7, however.
  11. swolebiceps

swolebiceps New Member

On the nexus 4 it shows as "Wireless Display" under the Display settings.
    No such option on the Nexus 7.

For those that talk about wifi Direct in the wifi settings, it is not the same thing LOL.
    If they have it in the Nexus 4 then it can be hacked into the Nexus 7. Hoping Goog will just add it in the next update of course.