• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a pre-order of the Incredible available at Costco?

I've been told by Verizon that the pre-order is only for new accounts - I don't know if you are a new account or not. I'm not, so I can't pre-order.

As to Costco specifically, they told me I could not pre-order there. The store near me said they do not have any in inventory, and they don't know when (or even if) they'll be getting them (basically the guy said "Until they physically show up here, we don't know if we'll have any"). Obviously, if they don't have any and don't know if they're getting any, they can't let you pre-order...

Upvote 0
I called the customer support for Costco's online phone orders, and the lady told me that they do not show it in their system at all right now, and that she didn't know when they might be getting them.

So then I called my local Costco wirless kiosk directly and asked them the same thing. The guy said that Costco's policy is NOT to get most phones when they first come out. He said that they typically watch how a new phone does as far as overall sales AND technical issues to make sure it's a phone they want to carry, and that won't be a problem with excessive returns. As a result, he said that he is quite confident they will not have the phone for awhile (although he couldn't define "awhile..."... he said they never know how long). So that if I wanted to make sure I got one when it first came out, I probably don't want to wait around for Costco.

Obviously, you never really know, but I'm not going to wait for them to get it, or I may end up waiting a long time.

Still, there are bonuses when you buy a new phone from Costco --
1. You have 90 days to return it if you don't like it (vs 30 at Verizon)
2. They DO include an accessory package with ALL new phone purchases. You get 3 items -- a car charger, a bluetooth headset OR earbuds, and some sort of a case.
3. They said that when and IF Costco starts to carry a phone, it probably has already passed the test of being a good phone; otherwise, they wouldn't carry it.

Food for thought! (But I STILL don't think I can wait for them to get it!)

Upvote 0
I work at Costco and i've never seen a pre-order option available for anything we've sold. I can also tell you that if we do start selling the Incredible it wont be for at least a few weeks after its been released by Verizon, so there will be no need to pre-order it anyway.

Last time i checked the item number is still in the system, but they've taken the name "HTC Incredible" down and replaced it with something generic like "mobile phone" or something, i dont remember. I talk a lot with one of the phone reps and she said they are always told about new phones a month before they are displayed and they haven't heard a word about the incredible. We didnt get the original Droid until about a month after everyone else, so I'd honestly be surprised to see it in stores before june.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones