• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a way to open magnet links without the "Add Torrent" window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, cannot find an answer to this anywhere!

I have a bash script to download a torrent link, and run it automatically with Transmission, which works just fine on Transmission, but I cannot get it to work on Android because of the Settings menu on uTorrent and other similar apps.

The script is simple:

$ wget <url> --output-document=index.html ; sleep 5 ; grep -i tvshowname index.html | grep "Torrent magnet link" | awk -F "href="" '{print $2}' | awk '{print $1}' | sed -e 's/"$//' | while read line ; do /usr/bin/transmission-gtk "$line" ; done

My Android is rooted, but I cannot get past the "Add torrent" section where you select files to add. Because of this, the uTorrent will open but will stop at this screen. It just needs to have "Add" clicked, or the option disabled. With Transmission, there is an option to deselect "Display a window when opening a magnet link", but there is no such option with uTorrent, and obviously Transmission is not available on Android.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones