• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there an app to stream music from my PC to my Android device?

I just found this:
http://forums.orb.com/viewtopic.php?t=11898&sid=10db323622b011b1748bbc5f9f94ec93

"We will release a new version of Orb that supports video streaming on Android sometime next week. At the same time, we will release an update of mycast.orb.com to play nice with the Android browser. After that release, you will be able to use Orb and stream everything (including live TV) from the browser."

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
There will be Orb in our Future! And by our, I mean Linux folks:
http://support.orb.com/kb/entry/91/

But there is always the wonderful Ampache [A] m p a c h e : Pour l'Amour de la Musique depuis le 5 Mai 2001
...in conjuntion with Amdroid in the market.

And,

Jinzora Jinzora - Jinzora :: Free Your Media!
...with Jinzora in the market, although 2.0 is off the market, not sure why>?

Both are awesome because you can access it from a browser too.

And of course there is always VLC tied with the various VLC remotes on the market; my favorite being VLC Remote (Beta) by Peter Baldwin

I hope flash allows for some video playback options in some of these.

Anyone out there know of any solutions to stream video to Android from a home server? I haven't been able to figure that one out, yet.

Upvote 0
I used Gmote. It works fine but the interface is clunky.

I'm trying out Subsonic right now. The interface is nicer but I can't get it to work outside of my home network. I had no problem with Gmote. Not sure why Subsonic isn't working. Headache.

I wish someone would just make a DLNA app so we can be done with it. I'd pay decent money for that.

Upvote 0
I used Gmote. It works fine but the interface is clunky.

I'm trying out Subsonic right now. The interface is nicer but I can't get it to work outside of my home network. I had no problem with Gmote. Not sure why Subsonic isn't working. Headache.

I wish someone would just make a DLNA app so we can be done with it. I'd pay decent money for that.

This. If I could use my android device like I do my PS3 and stream Playon content and ps3mediaserver content that would be amazing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones