• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there an escape a date app?

A.Nonymous

Extreme Android User
Jun 7, 2010
Long story short, a friend of mine has set me up for a blind date next week. I am freaking terrified. I'm way, way, way more scared than anything I've ever done in my life and I've done some pretty hairy things in my day. Anyway, are there any apps that can make my cell phone ring with an extremely important call at a predetermined time? I'm looking for an escape hatch. It would need to fully simulate a call so it would need to ring and set off my caller ID so if they saw my phone, they could see that someone was really calling. I could fake the conversation of course. I'm looking for an escape hatch of any kind here.

no doubt, just have another friend call you at that predetermined time....

Good gosh, apps are great, but this kind of app is just someone getting it so they can say "I got an app for that"

But I predict this girl will have her "out" phone call triggered WAY before you trigger your "out"

5'3 - 200# missing teeth.... lol you will have a GREAT time bwahahahah

Upvote 0
no doubt, just have another friend call you at that predetermined time....

Good gosh, apps are great, but this kind of app is just someone getting it so they can say "I got an app for that"

But I predict this girl will have her "out" phone call triggered WAY before you trigger your "out"

5'3 - 200# missing teeth.... lol you will have a GREAT time bwahahahah

If I was her I'd bail on the date too so I can't blame her for that. I don't trust my friends. They'd say they would call. They would promise to call. Then they wouldn't call just to screw with me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones