is there any news on froyo for samsung galaxy s ukSupport

Last Updated:

1. timeshadow

timeshadow Member This Topic's Starter

i just tried to connect my phone to kies and it wonte conect. my laptop
    is picking it up. but kies isent and i have had no truble before today. im version 82. its like theres an android 2.2 blanket on the net.:mad:
    im getting no info from anybody

Advertisement
  2. zaphodbebleebrox

zaphodbebleebrox Well-Known Member

Yea, I was going to Go the kies way but it wouldn't recognize my Fascinate phone. I feel Like Iam in Siberia With this Froyo thing .
    I keep expecting something to be a leaked but it's just not happening.

3. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Thats because kies isnt for the fascinate which is why it wont recognize your phone.

4. timeshadow

timeshadow Member This Topic's Starter

lookes like tmobile update in november we should email watchdog

5. mattuhh

mattuhh Well-Known Member

I was about to say about the November release, read it here earlier.

T-Mobile UK Delays Froyo for Galaxy S until End of November - Softpedia

I honestly find this ridiculous. gingerbread will almost be ready for release by the time we even get a sniff of Froyo. To be honest I am very tempted to root my phone and install Froyo myself, I don't particularly want T-mobile's very own 'branded and bloated' edition that I am sure I will end up getting.

When I have trouble connecting to Kies, which is most of the time, I find that if I unplug the usb cable, un-mount and remove my external memory card from the device and then plug the usb cable back in, select Samsung Kies mode from the list and it fixes the problem every time and it connects straight away.

One thing I was wondering though, my handset is unlocked so if the only thing tying my phone to T-mobile is the sim card, why can't I just install Samsung's release of 2.2?
    Surely as a consumer we should have a choice of what version we want?

6. zba78

zba78 Member

I called three yesterday and the bloke didn't have a clue. He just told me to keep an eye on the three.co.uk website for info on the update but he didn't have a date.

I'm not holding my breath for an update before the end of 2010. Might have to hack the phone and get 2.2 if I run out of patience.

7. andy-roid

andy-roid Well-Known Member

samsung are more botherd sponsoring bands/groups like take that then spending money in a better tech department and support so we get updates quicker

8. zba78

zba78 Member

Just yesterday I thought the same thing after reading SamsungUKmobile twitter update