• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is this damage to my Galaxy S2 repairable?

I lost my phone on campus last month. Earlier today the police department called me and told me they have it. When I received it, it was already turned on so everything works on it, except maybe the speakers. I haven't tried them yet. I decided to open it up to check to see if there is water damage and there was. I have pictures but apparently I do not have enough posts to link them. How can I tell if it is repairable or not and how can I repair it?

Sorry to hear about your phone txlonghorns23. The Galaxy S II is still a good top end device as well so if you can fix it then that would be a good idea.

What exactly is broken on it?

The damage that I would be most concerned about is the Liquid damage. If water got into the charging port and is causing the phone to overheat or not charge correctly OR worse yet caused damage to the phones mother board then you might just want to bite the bullet, file an insurance claim (if you have insurance) or look into replacement options.

If it seems to be primarily cosmetic damage to the outside of the phone then I recommend you read Tips on How to Fix a Broken Phone. It goes over some options like screen replacement (if cracked or shattered), speakers (internal and external), back plates, shells, etc.

Good Luck my friend, and I

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones