Is this really 4GLTE?Support

Last Updated:

1. eunhon

eunhon Active Member

My 4GLTE is slow every where i go.... is it just me? How can i make this faster? this is like being on dial up :/...
    Also I've tethered my phone. Can i still have the updates that LG Sends me? it says i have 11 of them

Attached Files:

2. johnnyolivares

johnnyolivares Well-Known Member

I say no, i average 3mbps. Max 8mbps, Min 1mbps.
    have you updated your prl?
    and maybe its your area? where do you live
  3. eunhon

eunhon Active Member

i live in coral springs florida. even when im at full signal it would be like that... :/
  4. eunhon

eunhon Active Member

i've also updated my prl ><;
  5. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

About a month ago I was in sunrise and I was getting 2mbps but up here in palm beach county anytime I go west of 441 the speeds go down to around the 1s you're posting
  6. Matthew83

Matthew83 Well-Known Member

Maybe just bad service area where you live. I'm in southern California and I get 2 to 3 mbps down but get 4mbps up.
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Some parts of south Florida are severely capped :( I live in Ft. Lauderdale, but speeds for me like that are normal cause I only have a 3G phone.
  8. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

i get around 700-1200kbps in Brooklyn, NY. Around 8-9mbps in South bronx, around 3mbps in Staten Island. It really vary in Manhattan and Queens.
  9. martyn357

martyn357 Well-Known Member

10. yogeneyo

yogeneyo Active Member

This is pretty much normal speed for me just outside of orlando,fl

Attached Files:

11. anubispax

anubispax Well-Known Member

North Jersey here, I'm averaging 4.5 mbps down and about 5 mbps up since the prl update.
  12. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Make sure you are actually in a 4g coverage area. I can't tell from the screenshot in the op.
  13. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Yea good point does it say EV or 4G @ the top
  14. dewolfe09

dewolfe09 Well-Known Member

Its just really slow in some areas. I'm in Kalamazoo mi and they got 4g out here but its rare if i get to or a little over even 1mbps
    Fox Mulder likes this.
  15. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

Me too
  16. labstud

labstud Member

In the Detroit Metro area and my average speeds are below:

Does anyone know why below it shows the server connected to as San Jose CA?

17. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

That's just the server it chose for the speed test. It should have found a closer one but its no big deal
  18. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

That's some good speeds you got there but to get a server closer just go tools>change server> & pick the closest one
  19. dannis

dannis Well-Known Member

Hey man, I have the same problem! It can be at full bars but I get < 1 Mbps.

I am in North Atlanta (inside the perimeter). Anyone else in ATL getting crap speeds?
  20. Muilisx

Muilisx Well-Known Member

I'm in creek, and I get almost 3mb/sec with my 4G : \
  21. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Im in Palm Beach,Fl & within the past maybe 2 months my speeds have been degrading it went from 5mbps to 3 or 4 now it's 1.7 . My guess is everyne moving to 4G with the LTE For All promotion. I know down here right now we're on 3mhz of bandwidth but I just can't wait till they start using all the spectrum available & then when they start reframing
  22. the more people in your area using metros 4g lte the slower your speeds will be. i go from 1.5 down to 600kbps but my 3g admire only got 120kbps down to about 20kbps so im happy i guess.
  23. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

I prefer to think of Metro's 4g LTE as 4g LiTE (light).
  24. Mega Optimus

Mega Optimus Well-Known Member

I get 4 megabytes on my 4g network which is faster than my DSL home connection
  25. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Well I can't complain about my home comcast connection i get 28mbps