Is this really 4GLTE?Support

Last Updated:

1. eunhon

eunhon Active Member

My 4GLTE is slow every where i go.... is it just me? How can i make this faster? this is like being on dial up :/...
    Also I've tethered my phone. Can i still have the updates that LG Sends me? it says i have 11 of them

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. johnnyolivares

johnnyolivares Well-Known Member

I say no, i average 3mbps. Max 8mbps, Min 1mbps.
    have you updated your prl?
    and maybe its your area? where do you live
  3. eunhon

eunhon Active Member

i live in coral springs florida. even when im at full signal it would be like that... :/
  4. eunhon

eunhon Active Member

i've also updated my prl ><;
  5. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

About a month ago I was in sunrise and I was getting 2mbps but up here in palm beach county anytime I go west of 441 the speeds go down to around the 1s you're posting
  6. Matthew83

Matthew83 Well-Known Member

Maybe just bad service area where you live. I'm in southern California and I get 2 to 3 mbps down but get 4mbps up.
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Some parts of south Florida are severely capped :( I live in Ft. Lauderdale, but speeds for me like that are normal cause I only have a 3G phone.
  8. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

i get around 700-1200kbps in Brooklyn, NY. Around 8-9mbps in South bronx, around 3mbps in Staten Island. It really vary in Manhattan and Queens.
  9. martyn357

martyn357 Well-Known Member

10. yogeneyo

yogeneyo Active Member

This is pretty much normal speed for me just outside of orlando,fl

Attached Files:

11. anubispax

anubispax Well-Known Member

North Jersey here, I'm averaging 4.5 mbps down and about 5 mbps up since the prl update.
  12. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Make sure you are actually in a 4g coverage area. I can't tell from the screenshot in the op.
  13. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Yea good point does it say EV or 4G @ the top
  14. dewolfe09

dewolfe09 Well-Known Member

Its just really slow in some areas. I'm in Kalamazoo mi and they got 4g out here but its rare if i get to or a little over even 1mbps
    Fox Mulder likes this.
  15. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

Me too
  16. labstud

labstud Member

In the Detroit Metro area and my average speeds are below:

Screenshot_2012-10-14-14-58-17.png

Does anyone know why below it shows the server connected to as San Jose CA?

Screenshot_2012-10-14-14-50-48.png
  17. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

That's just the server it chose for the speed test. It should have found a closer one but its no big deal
  18. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

That's some good speeds you got there but to get a server closer just go tools>change server> & pick the closest one
  19. dannis

dannis Well-Known Member

Hey man, I have the same problem! It can be at full bars but I get < 1 Mbps.

I am in North Atlanta (inside the perimeter). Anyone else in ATL getting crap speeds?
  20. Muilisx

Muilisx Well-Known Member

I'm in creek, and I get almost 3mb/sec with my 4G : \
  21. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Im in Palm Beach,Fl & within the past maybe 2 months my speeds have been degrading it went from 5mbps to 3 or 4 now it's 1.7 . My guess is everyne moving to 4G with the LTE For All promotion. I know down here right now we're on 3mhz of bandwidth but I just can't wait till they start using all the spectrum available & then when they start reframing
  22. the more people in your area using metros 4g lte the slower your speeds will be. i go from 1.5 down to 600kbps but my 3g admire only got 120kbps down to about 20kbps so im happy i guess.
  23. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

I prefer to think of Metro's 4g LTE as 4g LiTE (light).
  24. Mega Optimus

Mega Optimus Well-Known Member

I get 4 megabytes on my 4g network which is faster than my DSL home connection
  25. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Well I can't complain about my home comcast connection i get 28mbps