• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is this the official root for 2.2?

There is no root for the Official OTA 2.2

What you have here is a Custom 2.2 ROM that was rooted

You can only install this ROM if you Rooted on a 2.1 ROM

If your already running the 2.2 and you did the Update Through HTC you cannot root at this time...

Exactly Why i didnt jump to Froyo once it was released i Knew they would root the ROM and i could Install the Rooted Version...Rather then loosing Root access by getting the Official HTC Update

Upvote 0
Yeah, welcome to the crowd. I was running stock and did the unofficial update, but after all the "hub-bub"...I want to root now. I'm tired of the, this version/that version, stuff...I just want to root and be able to flash what I want, when I want. I guess I'm just going to leave it be, with the unofficial update, and wait for one of the devs, or as I refer to them "geniuses", at xda to find a way in. I'm sure they can do it, but it may take some time. In the meantime, I'm kicking myself for being impatient and installing the update, rather than rooting and waiting for one of them to root the official update. Lesson Learned the hard way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones