• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issue After Attempting to Enter Recovery

mystik1

Dec 5, 2009
NC, USA
fb.algadon.com
I have had the Note 3 for a long time. It's now used as a backup device over wifi only (it has no SIM card). I use it when my Nexus 6P is tethered to my PC or such. I have not messed with any ROMs on it for quite a long time. It's still running an old version of Android, and I can't even remember offhand the name of the ROM it has. It's on the tip of my fingers, but I just can't seem to come up with it. Anyway, I thought today I might finally update it to Marshmallow. But, here's the thing... I didn't even get that far. I have not done anything yet! All I did was download the ROM and Gapps and reboot to recovery using a QuickBoot app. That's it. I have not flashed anything. Yet, the phone is now in a boot loop. It says that it is loading recovery, but it never does. It just reboots. Now I have rebooted the phone many, many times with no issues. It seems to have been caused by simply trying to enter recovery, and I can't seem to ever get it to actually go into recovery. What should I do? TIA

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones