• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issue with bluetooth and talk to text

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 and i was able to connect my phone via bluetooth to my car. Making/taking voice calls works flawlessly so the phone is definitely connected to the car.

The issue is that when I press the voice key, the radio system does not pause to accept the voice input like when I make calls, but rather, I need to speak directly into the phone to have it recognize the speech. Is this a bug, or is there something I can do to configure it? I am an iPhone convert and my iPhone 4S never had a problem with this.

Does your system in your car have both bluetooth for phone and media audio? If you go into your bluetooth settings you should see Call Audio and Media Audio.

I have a car that is 5 years old and I do not have media audio. I also have a Samsung S4. I've been trying to get the voice to text to go thru my phone's speaker. Taking and placing calls are handled thru the Handsfree Link in my car.

I also tried an app called ********** and no luck with re-routing the bluetooth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones