• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

issue with music player sound balance

watky88

Lurker
Jan 29, 2014
hey guys, i was wondering if anyone else has this weird issue where when i plug in my over ear headphones my sound balance goes very weird as if the stereo is only playing the left side of the music and the right sounds very far away. i am currently using a samsung galaxy s3 running the 4.1.3 software as 4.3 still isnt available for me yet.

i worked out if i switched to mono it gets better but remains fairly quiet, and if i move the balance all to the right the sound is relatively normal in my over ear headphones.

now here is where it gets weird when i change headphones to my in ear ones and change the sounds settings back.. everything works as normal and as it should.

at first i thought maybe my headphones where the problem but i tried my second set of over ear headphones and the problem occurs then.

the sound is also fine when i play the music out of my stereo using an aux cable. it seems to only be an issue with over ear headphones.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones