It makes me so angry that..General

Last Updated:

1. mahsan88

mahsan88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

the Incredible does not record 720p video. The EVO does it, the motorola shadow/xtreme will do it. the iPhone 4 does it. People were saying that it is a software limitation but it is not. If EVO can do it with the same 2.1 with Sense then so should the Incredible. It is obviously hardware related.. why couldn't HTC slap in the same 8MP as the one in the EVO. like seriously, WTF!

Enough of my venting.. does anyone feel the same way? or is it just me..

Advertisement
  2. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Initially it would seem disappointing.

But it turned out that the EVO 720p is actually poor due to compression issues.

3. Wiggin21

Wiggin21 Well-Known Member

720p recording is overrated on any device other than a dedicated camera.

Ovreagr, dibs ODDJOB, eipee73 and 5 others like this.
  4. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member

To be honest I feel that all smartphones will have EVO quality 720p. If you want to record in true HD, a phone is not your best bet.

misterzeno likes this.
  5. slowhat

slowhat Well-Known Member

it's a neat idea, but just like the capacity for video calls, i probably would not use it. i use video on skype on my laptop once in a blue moon.

it'd be nice to have for bragging rights i guess, but i don't miss it.

6. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have, but I don't know that it's anything I'd get angry over.

7. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Doesn't upset me at all, I rarely use the camera that comes with my phone as is and it has just good enough quality for me

8. mahsan88

mahsan88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am more so upset because..
    1) I HATE Apple. Period.
    2) I hate the fanboys even more.

3) I know that the iPhone does not have smack on my Incredible, but this will be probably the one thing that the apple fanboys will rave about all the time and say that their phone is better.

All my friends who have iPhones love my phone and are always wowed by it but i KNOW they will pull out the "I have HD video recording" card on me and claim iPhone is still the best. >_<

9. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

You're complaining that a phone that came out a few months ago doesn't have the features of phones that aren't out yet.

Yeah, and I'm also totally disappointed that these phones aren't using 5G networks and that they aren't compatible with my 2TB microSD cards.

On a serious note, if you seriously are expecting 720p HD quality video out of ANY of these phones you're a maniac. Look at the "8 megapixel" pictures and compare them to an 8mp Nikon camera. Now extrapolate that observation to video.

misterzeno, Taylored and veloslave like this.
  10. HTCLUVR

HTCLUVR Well-Known Member

Yeah and the iPhail only does video over Wifi so what good is that? You can use a laptop or netbook or whatever if you have access to Wifi and it will be a much better experience. I had an iPhone and i don't care what they do to it i will never go back!

11. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

Who said for sure that the 720p wasn't a software limitation? You have to remember the EVO also came out with an updated version of youtube, etc. So whats to say this isn't a software limitation? (unless I'm missing something)

12. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member

At first I was with the OP in regards to no 720p vids, but after seeing what they are calling 720p video and how compressed and nasty it is, I was glad to have my WVGA resolution and clarity.

It's all so much hype and advertising, who cares what some snot nosed Iphone kid says about his 720p resolution? Just be confident in what you know and enjoy your phone.

13. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

It is a software limitation because back in March/April, someone revealed the max video resolution in the phone profile is 720p. My take? EVO gets exclusivity of HD recording for a short while and it comes to the Incredible in a software update. After all, it's the same camera in both phones. I'm not that concerned here.

14. android_freak

android_freak Well-Known Member

am I upset my CELL PHONE can't record in 720p? No. Would it be cool...I guess?

15. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Well-Known Member

+1

16. SirensOfTitan

SirensOfTitan Active Member

Hopefully a software update will unlock the feature. Otherwise, I'm sure that a rooted incredible application for recording 720p video isn't out of the question (once the incred is rooted).

17. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 Well-Known Member

was it advertised as having 720p when the phone was released?

no, im not upset

18. b1gg134

b1gg134 Well-Known Member

If this makes you angry, I would hate to see if something important happened. you would go postal, or insane, or maybe gosh darn peed off.

19. azgunz

azgunz Well-Known Member

seems a little silly. Technology advances and because a phone before it had 720p but was awful doesnt mean that HTC could perfect it in their phone.
    Of course future phones will have better tech than the previous.

20. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

I think this statement basically sums up this thread. It is a software limitation so time will tell. I am sure we'll get it sooner or later.

21. KX4SAM

KX4SAM Well-Known Member

Yeah, what he said. I have compared my Dinc picture for picture with my cannon. They don't.

22. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member

if you want to shoot hd video or pictures buy an SLR camera. A phone is a phone not a camera. Sure 8MP is nice but if i really wanted hd video canon has a nice lineup that shoot 1080p HD.

23. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

2.1 sense on the evo IS DIFFERENT then 2.1 evo on the incredible.

from what i understand, sense on the evo is run all in apps where sense on the incredible is in the core of the rom or something like that. I believe they are slowly moving sense into a purely app overlay to make it easier to transfer to new android versions.

24. paynomind

paynomind Active Member

I'm actually mad that the iPhone uses its LED flash during video and the Incredible (from everything I know) does not.

I hope thats remedied by software.

25. veloslave

veloslave Banned

I think it is really lame... threads like this that is.

How about 4G? Does the fact that it does not have it really make you mad? How about a pico projector? Or how about 500GB of storage?

Sooner or later a phone will have all of those features so...

Why didn't you wait instead of starting a lame thread?