• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jailbreaking my android, what do i get?

Ragecraze

Lurker
Apr 24, 2015
Hello. This is my first post in this forum, i see that it's one of the most popular android forums out there.

anyways, i own an xperia z2, and i never owned anything else but android, so i've been seeing people with wicked gadgets and menus on their phones, tweaks that a normal android can't do, then i came to understand that it is possible do make tweaks like these when you Jailbreak, root or unlock your phone. i really dont understand the difference between these 3. So anyone can explain to me what jailbreaking is and how to do it?

and, after you jailbreaking my phone, where do i get these tweaks and applications that make my phone different? is there any websites that do that? thanks.

"Jailbreak" is an iOS term, so in Android we just "root" ;)

I root to allow me to do proper system backups, improve performance with custom kernels, use custom ROMs, have more options for recovery if I have a problem, tweak and theme more deeply than Android naturally allows (you can do a lot without root, but there are things you cannot do without changing bits of the system), install better firewalls or phone location which will work even after a factory reset, ...

Upvote 0
"Jailbreak" is an iOS term, so in Android we just "root" ;)

I root to allow me to do proper system backups, improve performance with custom kernels, use custom ROMs, have more options for recovery if I have a problem, tweak and theme more deeply than Android naturally allows (you can do a lot without root, but there are things you cannot do without changing bits of the system), install better firewalls or phone location which will work even after a factory reset, ...

thanks. So where do i get these cool things on my phone after a root? Is there a google store-like thingy or any websites that provide that?

Upvote 0
The only reason a device needs to be rooted is because it maybe slow and a lot of apps running in the background causing your device to act up.

Yeah... no. :)

My handset was rooted asap because of:

1. Custom recovery for nandroid backup
2. Xposed (to enable comprehensive modifying of UI)
3. Titanium Backup
4. Lightflow (for customised control of LED notifications)
5. AFWall for added security/privacy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones