• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jawbone Icon A2DP added

I installed the A2DP ... great promise, but disappointing. The volume at max is barely audible. In traffic, I couldn't hear the voice navigation well enough to be sure of what I heard. Also, as discussed in the MyTalk forum, the voice dialing isn't supported by 2.1 - possibly a conflict with Google Voice.

It's still a great bluetooth phone tool, but the extras aren't ready for prime time IMHO.

Upvote 0
I installed the A2DP ... great promise, but disappointing. The volume at max is barely audible. In traffic, I couldn't hear the voice navigation well enough to be sure of what I heard. Also, as discussed in the MyTalk forum, the voice dialing isn't supported by 2.1 - possibly a conflict with Google Voice.

It's still a great bluetooth phone tool, but the extras aren't ready for prime time IMHO.

Did you install the additional update released *after* the A2DP update? This is the one I spoke of a few posts back that addressed the low volume problem that existed upon initially updating to A2DP.

Also, voice dialing via Bluetooth is reported to be part of the Android 2.2 operating system update.

Upvote 0
Anyone gotten an Icon off Ebay? I am in need of a new BT and figure I might as well get a good one. Have been using $20 sets for the past 2 years, and I'm tired of the low quality. Anyway, the Icons on Ebay are about $30 less than the official site, and say they are authentic, newly-sealed units. Just curious if anyone's gotten one and if it turned out to be a good unit.

Upvote 0
Anyone gotten an Icon off Ebay? I am in need of a new BT and figure I might as well get a good one. Have been using $20 sets for the past 2 years, and I'm tired of the low quality. Anyway, the Icons on Ebay are about $30 less than the official site, and say they are authentic, newly-sealed units. Just curious if anyone's gotten one and if it turned out to be a good unit.

I would check out other sites too such as buy.com, Amazon.com or sometimes the verizon wireless website if you use coupons. Also slickdeals.com sometimes has ways to get the Icon cheap.

Upvote 0
The Plantronics doesn't do it. I also have a 975 that I gave my wife when I got the Icon. The Icon is better IMO but the 975 is a very close second. The Icon allows people to hear me much better since the noise assassin works so well. Its the one bluetooth I have bought that I dont regret ..... plus the added A2DP is GREAT!!! :D
I've had 3-4 different b/t's: Plantronics Voyager Pro was very good UNTIL --------- Jawbone Icon which is GREAT. Excellent voice quality and noise cancellation. Now with A2DP... WOW!

Upvote 0
Just bought a Jawbone ICON, to replace a BlueAnt Q2. Phone call volume is more than enough, but neither has adequate volume for listening to podcasts. No A2DP controls either. My phone is a Sprint EVO, but had similar issues when I was using an HTC Hero. Maybe non-HTC devices work better? BeyondPod is the podcast tool (great product), and works perfectly with a wired headset.

Of course, old WinMo phones didn't need an A2DP headset at all. This has been posted for over a year on the Google developer site (http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=7906).

Google - ignoring the user community because we could care less.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones