• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean now out but broken kies

nests

Jul 14, 2012
Yesterday i received a text from att saying that jellybean was out for my Note but when i tried to update with the latest kies the program just dies after it tries to download the update
screenshot2013050409183.png

Did you run into any problems
Well, I had forgotten to remove my external SD card (which was suggested in another thread as it leads the upgrader to believe you don't have enough space to complete the upgrade) at first. And then when I found that I wasn't going to have enough time to upgrade, I put my card back in and it was coming up as blank :(

I cleaned the contacts and put it back in and no problems in reading it - but then I immediately copied the non-reproducible stuff like pictures over to my Dropbox account.

I finally did the JB 4.1.2 firmware upgrade this morning and trying to get used to all of the bells and whistles. One gotcha I found was that they change the mount point for the external card. It used to be /sdcard/external_sd. Now it is /storage/extSdCard. But they leave the external_sd directory in sdcard (also reachable by /storage/sdcard0) - and it throws you off. Thought my card got wiped out until I found the new path.

Phew...
JR

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones