• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Juice Defender

Did Juice Defender help battery life for you?

• Total voters

Haste75

Jul 1, 2010
So, i just wanted to run a quick vote among those that have tried juice defender.

Did it improve battery for you, make it worse or have little to no affect?

Personally, for a long time i believed it helped. I recently disabled it and went from 18 hours of use to 24, so thought id see what other people think.

well as far as I'm aware it helped, but it could also be due to the fact that at the time I installed it, I became more acutely aware of battery saving technqiues...so its hard to say.

to the OP, since you;ve uninstalled it, do you have background data always on, or off? Cause this is where I think its helped my batt life, having data only come on for 2 mins every 30 rather than on all the time. If you have it off all the time till you need it, then maybe that's why you've seen improved batt life?

Upvote 0
well as far as I'm aware it helped, but it could also be due to the fact that at the time I installed it, I became more acutely aware of battery saving technqiues...so its hard to say.

to the OP, since you;ve uninstalled it, do you have background data always on, or off? Cause this is where I think its helped my batt life, having data only come on for 2 mins every 30 rather than on all the time. If you have it off all the time till you need it, then maybe that's why you've seen improved batt life?

I have backround data on, but the only thing i have syncing is gmail which is based on push anyway.

Im sure having it only on when i needed it would give me a boost in battery life, but i find 18-24 hours more than enough to meet my needs.

Edit: Just wanted to add, im not so sure that having your mobile internet turn on every 30 mins will help battery life. Im only speaking from the experience of having used JD and then turning it off, but it seems to be it takes more energy to connect and disconnect than to have it on all the time.

Why not disable JD for a day and see what affects it has on your phone and report back?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones