• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help juice defender

bcrtj457

Feb 26, 2010
Illinois
does anyone use this? if so, what are the best settings to have it set at to utilize it the best. seems like my battery dies so quickly.
I had an evo before i got the epic, and i also had an extended battery (3000) so maybe it's just coming from that to a stock battery, but i still can't help but to wonder if this phone just dies so much more quickly because of some other reason.
thanks.

If you're battery is dying quickly check 2 things.
1) Toggle airplane mode on/off
2) Check your running processes and look for anything with DRM in the name and kill it. My battery life literally doubled after doing #2.
There's some leak with that process that just murders your battery.

And yes Juice Defender works by keeping 3G off except for when you have the screen on. In my experience, it's 3G turning on and off that sucks down your battery the fastest.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones