• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Juice defender

absolutely!! Technically couldn't you just send me a backup? Lol...or you could just post them for everyone...probably a better idea lol

Keep in mind I dont use wifi or bluetooth stuff so my settings are adjusted accordingly.

Profile - aggressive setting and then advanced

Controls Tab
-Mobile data enabled
-wifi enabled
-auto sync disabled
-keep enabled - neither
-bluetooth-disabled
-timeout-disabled
-brightness-disabled
-

Schedules tab

Schedule-enabled
freq.-15m
duration-15s
controls-custom-data
night-disabled
peak-disabled
weekend-disabled

Triggers Tab

Battery-enabled
threshold-5%
Charger-neither
screen-enabled
options-ignore on low battery
controls-custom-data
traffic-enabled
traffic thresh-normal-30s
apps-disabled (although this can come in handy if you have a lot of apps that use internet connections)
Location-disabled

Reactions: p-bOt
Upvote 0
personally i love JD Ultimate. ive been using it for months

to me personally, the only downside after tweaking it a lil bit, is that it takes a few seconds for radios to turn on when you turn on/unlock your phone. sometimes i gotta wait a few secs for wifi/4g to turn on, which can be a TINY bit annoying at certain times.

other than that, my battery life has went waaaay up, and i can work double shifts without running out of juice with stock battery. woooo

Reactions: p-bOt
Upvote 0
personally i love JD Ultimate. ive been using it for months

to me personally, the only downside after tweaking it a lil bit, is that it takes a few seconds for radios to turn on when you turn on/unlock your phone. sometimes i gotta wait a few secs for wifi/4g to turn on, which can be a TINY bit annoying at certain times.

other than that, my battery life has went waaaay up, and i can work double shifts without running out of juice with stock battery. woooo

My data cuts on as soon as I unlock the screen. No hesitation at all. That's strange yours takes a min.

Upvote 0
screenshot-1340713591269.png

Does this seem odd to anyone?? Is juice defender keeping my phone awake when the screen is off??

Upvote 0
that's weird...i haven't really payed that much attention to it but I really don't think it started doing that until I started using jd...I guess we will see if goes away.

Trust me. You can go back and check the threads i started over this issue. It's not jd.

I literally Sat down and uninstalled every app even system apps one by one trying to find the problem. Nothing.

Each time I've had the issue i flash my ROM again and it goes away.

An app called better battery stats is what i was using to watch if my phone would deep sleep or not. It's not on market but i posted on here somewhere. It's a great app, very detailed.

But you gotta remember, if you have sync enabled or if you have your phone set to update every so often it's going to wake the phone up even know the screen is off.

and honestly your graph looks close to normal. It's when the phone stays awake constantly when the screen is off that becomes a problem and that's what i was dealing with. Go back and find my threads and you will see, i posted screens and stuff.

Upvote 0
Trust me. You can go back and check the threads i started over this issue. It's not jd.

I literally Sat down and uninstalled every app even system apps one by one trying to find the problem. Nothing.

Each time I've had the issue i flash my ROM again and it goes away.

An app called better battery stats is what i was using to watch if my phone would deep sleep or not. It's not on market but i posted on here somewhere. It's a great app, very detailed.

But you gotta remember, if you have sync enabled or if you have your phone set to update every so often it's going to wake the phone up even know the screen is off.

and honestly your graph looks close to normal. It's when the phone stays awake constantly when the screen is off that becomes a problem and that's what i was dealing with. Go back and find my threads and you will see, i posted screens and stuff.

alright thanks man. I'm just nit picking lol...I was iffy about using jd anyways lol

Upvote 0
No one nit picks more than me so i understand. That ish drove me insane. But jd is the best battery saving app hands down. It takes a few days for it to learn your habits but once it settles down and you see how much you save, you'll never not go without it ever again. ;)
I didnt see any improvements on my DX and seen worse battery life on my wifes Admire running JD. ;)

Reactions: Fuzzy13
Upvote 0
I cant go with out it. If I reboot my phone it doesn't cut on, Ill notice around lunch time cause my phone will be 50% and i havent even used it. haha

I've used it on the Ascend, Galaxy Indulge and the Esteem and I can't speak good enough things about. But this is only the ultimate version. The paid version didn't do much for me. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones