• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got fascinate battery question

From Wikipedia, "Most modern cell phones, laptops, and most electric vehicles use Lithium-ion batteries. Contrary to some recommendations, these batteries actually last longest if the battery is frequently charged; fully discharging them will degrade their capacity relatively quickly.[20] When storing however, lithium batteries degrade more while fully charged than if they are only 40% charged." This is why they come only 40% charged and should never be ran all the way empty.

Nickel alloy cells, on the other hand, should be fully discharged once every 30 days (fully discharging before EVERY charge does more harm than good even with Nickel) to extend their life.

Upvote 0
Yeah you will get a lot of debate on this. Both sides of the debate have links they can produce to support their theory. Im a proponent of fully draining the first couple cycles. I get rather good battery life on my 3 month old but there are so many variables when it comes to battery life.
Bottom Line now a days I just charge at night whether its drained down to 15% or still at 65%. No need to overthink it

Upvote 0
Thanks for response, so I got it home yesterday and wow battery lasted out of the box, I was shocked!

I did not even let it get to empty becuase i know I had to charge it before today.

Now right now I have been playing around with it, and it says 50% full give or take.

Is there anyway to know for sure how much battery I have left like a real percentage?

Instead of that bar on top? I am sure there is an app for it just have to find it.

One thing I noticed is it gets very warm by camera, i downloaded the temp monitor and when I am using it heavily it goes up to around 96-98 Fahrenheit, if just using it lightly it goes down to 70-75. I think that sounds about normal

Upvote 0
Thanks for response, so I got it home yesterday and wow battery lasted out of the box, I was shocked!

I did not even let it get to empty becuase i know I had to charge it before today.

Now right now I have been playing around with it, and it says 50% full give or take.

Is there anyway to know for sure how much battery I have left like a real percentage?

Instead of that bar on top? I am sure there is an app for it just have to find it.

One thing I noticed is it gets very warm by camera, i downloaded the temp monitor and when I am using it heavily it goes up to around 96-98 Fahrenheit, if just using it lightly it goes down to 70-75. I think that sounds about normal
There are plenty of battery monitoring apps which will tell you what the exact % is. Also if you run a custom theme most have a batt% as well.

Upvote 0
There are plenty of battery monitoring apps which will tell you what the exact % is. Also if you run a custom theme most have a batt% as well.

Cool i already rooted the phone, installed Clockwork, and Rom Manager, and all seems to work where I can boot into recovery mode

but have not had a chance to actually to load any custom kernel or rom, I was planning on trying geekni stupidfast, and maybe one of JT clean kernel

But have to decide if I want to go to DJ05 yet.

I need to download the rom, how do you copy it to sd card? Do you have to use adb.exe? which if i recall is shell access?

Unfortunately not had a lot time to play last night

Upvote 0
Cool i already rooted the phone, installed Clockwork, and Rom Manager, and all seems to work where I can boot into recovery mode

but have not had a chance to actually to load any custom kernel or rom, I was planning on trying geekni stupidfast, and maybe one of JT clean kernel

But have to decide if I want to go to DJ05 yet.

I need to download the rom, how do you copy it to sd card? Do you have to use adb.exe? which if i recall is shell access?

Unfortunately not had a lot time to play last night
yeah just copy and paste onto your sdcard once you are mounted

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones