Just got the Droid X!

Last Updated:

1. Debacle20

Debacle20 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone, just got the Droid X today and this is my first real smart phone so I am a complete newb to it and i was wondering if there were any guides on getting more battery life on 2.2 Froyo and what apps I should initially try to get, and if overclocking/rooting is something that would benefit me.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

3. Outsider(Avid HustlaZ)

Outsider(Avid HustlaZ) Well-Known Member

Looks like no one is helping you to much so let me be of some assistance. There is a post that i have about apps that people who are new to the droid x and want the most of out their x should get its called"apps to think about for new droid x users" as of right now the post is on the second page of the" Droid X" forums. As for ya battery get"advanced task killer" it will kill off the apps you choose to kill so that your phone isnt always using your cpu. Now only if your not likeing how fast your cpu is or if your interested in custom roms or themes then root.on my post that i have it tells u the best rooting tools. Hope this helps.

4. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Do not use an app killer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

what he says ^

6. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member

i have no noticed a different from when i did use one.. i dont use one now because i was told not to by this site but i have no noticed a difference

7. tech_head

tech_head Well-Known Member

Get rid of widgets you don't use/need.

8. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

when someone offers you the Task Killer Kool Aid turn it down.

9. Outsider(Avid HustlaZ)

Outsider(Avid HustlaZ) Well-Known Member

Ive been using automatic task killer and its perfect..you are all crazy if you dont use a task/app killer it saves battery life my battery only use to run for 4 hours using it for web and txt now with auto task killer my battery life jumped to 7 hours using it for txt, web, market..everything...use a task killer theres nuthing wrong with them