• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got the Warp Sequent!

lightsleeper23

Android Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2011
Salt Lake City
Hello, I just picked up the sequent today as my new phone. I really like this phone. I recently had an HTC one v, which I found to be junk. In fact I've had 3 HTC phones, all lemons. But that's a whole other story. This is about the Sequent. I really like the phones lack of skin. Its almost a vanilla Android. It even has the persistent search bar, which reminds me of my nexus 7.

However, even though the search bar is there, the grid seems to unnecessarily size squeeze the icons together in the middle, leaving big gaps on the top and bottom. Has anyone else noticed that? Also, my native email app doesn't work right, and I have to use a 3rd party gallery because the stock one won't register ANY of my photos.

Battery seems good in sleep mode, but appears to drain at a worrying rate during use. It has only been one day though, so I'm still trying to figure that out. Hopefully battery life will stabilize.

I too was worried about the icon spacing. I have since rooted my phone and installed nova launcher prime as it is much better than the stock launcher and solves my icon spacing issue. My battery like is great on this phone and I've had no real issues with it. Always make sure you use your task manager and also the battery optimization app as well.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359532255925.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359532255925.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0
its not a bad phone for the price, especially considering most boost phones out cost twice what theyre worth, but its no one x, the only problem with htc phones i have is the rom that comes on them, but the rom that comes on this thing is no prize either, it may not be the atrocity that sense is, but its got alot of issues. which would be fine, if zte was cooperative when it came to kernel update source, and the entire development community for the phone didnt consist of like 4 guys one of which still has very little idea what he is doing (that would be this one)

Upvote 0
I have got a Warp Sequent phone with me and its pretty good for all means of work. I see that ppl are just quiting this phone cuz the battery life is too bad but wud like to add that if ppl keep on using the phone for more time then it is obvious that the battery will get dried soon. My belief is that in todays telecom market all the phones are the same wen it comes to battery the more you use the more battery will get dried. It doesn't mean that you call the phone as cheap. It is a good phone and ppl shud know hw to use it.....don take me in a wrong way this was jst my opinion. As, all the fingers cnt be of same size then how could you expect all the phones to be same....!!!!!

Upvote 0
no, people are referring to the fact that with a download running and the phone plugged in to the charger the battery actually goes DOWN. it is a battery hog, has been since the day i got it, and not all batteries are created equally, just as not all phones are created equally, this phone does have some decent hardware for the price without a contract, but it is no greater technology than the original warp, just a bigger screen and the processor runs faster out of the box. this would have been a top of the line phone a few years back, but now its just a pretty good budget phone and if i could afford something better i would get it
and some people yes their problem is not knowing how to use it properly, but i like to think i know what im talking about, and most of the people on this section of the forum seem to agree lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones