just rooted 2.1 & memory dropped??

Last Updated:

1. starsnlaughter

starsnlaughter Member This Topic's Starter

All ive done so far is remove nfl (imma girl ;) ), stocks, nascar & twitter.. it was 135mb before rooting. Now its only 108. Is that normal?

Sorry if this is a repost but none of the suggested threads seemed to cover this.

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

are you using the stock Tom or a custom one?

3. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

how did you remove those apps?

4. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Please refer to the guide/faq. I believe FAQ #19 answers your question.

5. starsnlaughter

Joehunni.. :) i'm still using the stock rom. i work nearly full-time and have a 1-year old.. i rarely even find time to do anything with my phone, let alone make phone calls, so i mainly just wanted to remove the apps i wasn't using.

Lozer_Kid: i removed them using some guide via adb shell. worked perfectly. no errors or anything. =) i can't find which site i used. i think my brother-in-law erased my browser history from this morning.

ccapasso.. I looked at FAQ #19 and am not sure how that answers why I have less memory now than I did before I removed the apps via the adb method that #19 refers to.

Somewhere, on one of the sites, I remember seeing something of where they had to do something for the phone to reflect the saved storage. i thought just re-booting, but i tried that and it didn't change the memory # at all under Settings > SD & Phone Storage at all.

6. Joehunni

Ok, you sure you don't need to just delete cache or something, go under settings > applications > manage applications, once it's all loaded up hit menu and then the sort option. This will arrange it so that your biggest apps are listed in descending order, just click on them and then clear cache.

7. Joehunni

If that doesn't take care of it, just root then flash a rom like darchdroid or froyo, then you'll have gobs of free memory regardless lol.

starsnlaughter likes this.
  8. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

I wasn't referring to you. I quoted Lozer_kid and sent him that way.

9. starsnlaughter

I'll consider flashing Froyo.. hearing a LOT of opportunities with froyo.. but until then, I had cleared my caches and it removed my bookmarks, i had to re-sign in to a few of my applications & re-grant permissions from my gmail log-in for location preferences. I hope I don't have to do that frequently!