• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just rooted... Now what?

Like the title says, I just rooted using the oneclick method with superuser.

Congratulations!

How do I overclock my phone

Overclocking requires a kernel replacement...start here:

http://androidforums.com/fascinate-all-things-root/235766-one-stop-shopping-fascinate-kernels.html

uninstall those garbage apps it came with, and backup app data (like my Angry Birds save)?

for these questions, I'd recommend Titanium Backup. The full version of Titanium allows you to FREEZE the app (make it non-executable) so it doesn't affect your ability to receive OTA upgrades (not that many rooters do that) AND backup your app data and save it when you're doing ROM upgrades. :)

Good luck and have fun!

Mike

Upvote 0
Like the title says, I just rooted using the oneclick method with superuser. How do I overclock my phone, uninstall those garbage apps it came with, and backup app data (like my Angry Birds save)?

Check out the sticky for rooting links. You'll have to install cwm, probably a rom, and a kernel if you so desire.

the easy way to do it is just using droidXcon's all-in-one package for odin :)

[Odin] Full EB01 Froyo leak, packaged ROMs w/root and new clockwork **UPDATED**2/14 - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones