• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just switched from iOS to Android

DELETEDFGUST

Lurker
Aug 12, 2015
Hi!

I am DELETEDFGUST, age 104, yes, 104, but you can call me FGUST :thumbsupdroid:.
I am not really 104

I have been using iOS for two years now and would consider myself an iOS expert. I am an active developer in the jailbreak community and know just about everything iOS related [on the consumer side]. I have not abandoned iOS, but as far as this forum will be concerned I have no association with it here :p.

I recently acquired a Galaxy S5 from Verizon, and honestly I am impressed with the capabilities android has. What I am NOT impressed with is the bloatware [I am aware the Verizon version has some of the most bloatware:thinking:] and privacy settings/how many apps need permissions that I find unnecessary as a developer. I won't complain too much about the permissions though as I have not yet developed on android. I want to get familiar with android first, then I might dive into development.

I hope I am in the right place to discuss rooting, how to remove bloatware, how to customize my phone, and overall enjoy a better android experience.

Nice meeting you!

Welcome to Android Forums and congrats on the Galaxy S5... I hope you enjoy it and it serves you well. We have a designated area for discussion and support for your new phone that you can find by following this link: http://androidforums.com/forums/samsung-galaxy-s5.2582/
I hope these forums help you customize your S5 to your liking. Thanks for joining the community.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones